Sheldon plays recording, shows 'evidence' of Opare Addo conversation to defend Q&A claim

Kwadwo Sheldon has shared a video recording of him on the phone with a someone he identified as the National Youth Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), George Opare Addo.
This was in response to Opare Addo daring Sheldon to support his claim he was invited to a questions and answers (Q&A) session with NDC flagbearer John Dramani Mahama. Sheldon, on X, indicated he was invited and told he would be provided with questions for the former president.
The said event was a town hall meeting at the Bukom Boxing Arena on the occasion of the NDC’s Youth Manifesto launch, August 12, 2024, during which Mr Mahama engaged with young people, the media and social media influencers. Earlier that morning, the manifesto launch had opened at another event at the University of Professional Studies-Accra (UPSA), Legon, Accra.
In an interview on social media, Opare Addo said the Kwadwo Sheldon Studios (KSS) and its founder and CEO were only invited to UPSA where there was no Q&A session and not to the Bukom event.
Sheldon has challenged that, saying he was invited to both.
In the video Sheldon shared via X, August 15, he was shown on a phone call with someone whose voice sounded like Opare Addo’s baritone.
"When I called my conversation was very polite… I wanted to build a relationship… And you see, there’s always tomorrow so even if that's what I said and you were not clear on it, you could have [asked for clarification]," the voice said.
In the video, Sheldon expressed astonishment as the voice insinuated by the above there might have been some truth to his allegations.
“I was only looking out for you… Everybody who came to cover [the event], I paid all of them [including] Zionfelix. So this morning, I was going to call you to ask for your account number… only for me to see this,” the voice continued.
“I saw you carry the morning [programme]... And that’s what we wanted, we wanted our story out there… only for me to see this on Twitter (X). But, anyway, let’s not get into this. If that’s what you understood, I am sorry, but that was not my intention.”
In the video, Sheldon protested the apology and disclaimer: “No, you are making it look like you didn’t say something and you’re making it look like I’m lying.”
The YouTube star indicated he was invited to both the UPSA and Bukom programmes but he boycotted the latter because he was “disappointed” after “hearing that” he would be given questions for John Mahama and “so I didn’t come”.
According to the caption for the video, the above conversation was had with George Opare Addo, alias Pablo, “…the next morning after I [Sheldon] tweeted that I was told on the phone that I would be given questions to ask JDM”.
He also showed Pablo's caller ID on his phone, how long their August 13 WhatsApp call spanned, 9 minutes, and the initial introductory text message by Pablo and the subsequent NDC invitation card sent on Monday, August 12.
Trending News
President Mahama to launch 'Feed Ghana Programme' in Techiman
14:24W/R: Police arrest 11 for illegal mining and river pollution in Tarkwa-Nsuaem
12:02High Court reduces bail condition for former NSB Director-General and wife
15:21Mahama to assent to removal of E-levy, Emission levy, and Betting tax – Finance Minister
06:37Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor wins case against former Chief of Staff over illegal sale of Kumasi Technical University vehicles
14:08Tain MP raises concerns over ECG’s financial mismanagement and missing containers
11:44Bono NDC Women demand MCE appointment for Hajia Fatimatu Abubakari
16:12A&C Mall assures vehicle owners its insurers will 'fully' cover 'necessary repairs' after parking lot collapse
02:27Bono Regional Minister donate food items to Sunyani Central Prisons on behalf of Ibrahim Mahama
13:50Roads Minister orders commencement of works on Ashaiman-Afienya and Tema Motorway-Dawhenya stretches
11:08