Man Utd make £74m bid for striker Sesko

Manchester United have made a bid for RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko with the overall package potentially rising to 85m euros (£73.8m).
The offer includes a guaranteed payment of 75m euros (£65.2m).
United are yet to get a response but believe it is an appropriate valuation for the 22-year-old Slovenia international and that the player is keen to complete a move to Old Trafford.
Newcastle also want Sesko and have a made bid for the striker, which has not been accepted.
The offer is seen as significant as there had been suggestions Manchester United did not want to firm up their interest with Leipzig without knowing Sesko was prepared to join them.
United are willing to let Rasmus Hojlund leave the club in order to make space for Sesko to come in.
Sesko has 39 goals in 87 appearances for RB Leipzig and, at 6ft 5in, he would also bring a significant physical presence to the Old Trafford club's front line.
United sources have previously outlined how it is possible for them to reach an agreement on Sesko even though Sir Jim Ratcliffe said earlier this year there was the potential for United to go bust by Christmas without massive cost-cutting measures.
Payment arrangements for the deals for Matheus Cunha and Bryan Mbeumo from Wolves and Brentford this summer, which total £130m, have been arranged in a favourable way.
In addition, the entirety of Marcus Rashford's £325,000-a-week salary is being covered by his loan move to Barcelona and Manchester United received £5m from Chelsea after the Blues pulled out of a deal to sign Jadon Sancho.
United have also received more than £15m in payments as part of sell-on clauses involving Anthony Elanga, Alvaro Carreras and Maxi Oyedele.
Source: bbc.com
Trending Sports
GFA assures UDS of support ahead of Sept's World Universities Soccer Championship in China
02:36Fenerbahce sacks Jose Mourinho after Champions League exit
13:42Medvedev beaten after photographer enters court
01:24FIFA WC 2026: Final draw to take place in Washington DC Dec 5
01:03Ghana's Rita N. Boateng to officiate CAF Women's Champions League WAFU Zone B Qualifier
20:57GFA, CID deepen commitment to stomping out match manipulation, illegal betting and hooliganism
20:57No European games a positive for Man Utd, says Amorim
16:172026 FIFA WC qualifiers: Black Stars to camp on Sept 1
15:41Wolves reject £55m Newcastle bid for Strand Larsen
13:45Sports Minister deepens partnership with YTB
10:58