Monday, 17 August

GCB Bank denies robbery attempt at Labone branch

News
GCB Bank

GCB Bank has clarified that its Labone branch in Accra was not the target of any robbery or attempted robbery, despite an earlier statement from the Ghana Police Service indicating that a robbery attempt had been foiled at the bank.

The Police on Thursday, August 13, 2026, reported that officers had intervened to stop an attempted robbery at a GCB Bank branch in Labone, resulting in two suspected robbers being shot dead and another person arrested.

However, GCB Bank says the incident did not occur at its Labone branch or anywhere on its premises.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the bank said the branch was never breached and that its operations were not disrupted.

According to GCB Bank, no customer or staff member was affected, while none of its funds or property was involved in the incident.

The bank said its Labone branch remains secure and urged customers to continue using its services without concern.

GCB Bank added that it is engaging the relevant authorities and monitoring developments surrounding the incident.

The bank reaffirmed its commitment to the safety and security of its customers, staff and other stakeholders.

Source: Classfmonline.com/Zita Okwang