Monday, 17 August

2 dead in Sienta-Metro Mass collision at Assin Fosu

News
ASP Wonder Lumor

Two people have died following a head-on collision involving a Toyota Sienta and a Metro Mass Transit bus at Assin Fosu in the Central Region.

The crash occurred at about 7 PM on Sunday and is reportedly linked to an overtaking manoeuvre by the Sienta driver. The deceased are the driver of the Sienta and one passenger in the vehicle.

According to the Central North Regional MTTD Commander, ASP Wonder Lumor, the Sienta was travelling from Cape Coast when it collided with the Metro Mass bus, which was travelling from Kumasi.

"The Metro Mass bus hit a kiosk and entered into the Obiri Yeboah Senior High School fence," he said.

ASP Lumor cautioned against drawing conclusions about the cause of the crash, saying investigations were still ongoing.

"We went to the hospital and two people have died. The driver of the Sienta and one passenger have died," he said.

He added that another passenger was on oxygen, while another had "a deep cut on the head."

Three children knocked down

ASP Lumor also disclosed that three children walking along the road were knocked down during the incident.

He said the children were receiving treatment and were in stable condition.

No injuries had so far been reported among passengers on the Metro Mass bus.

Road cleared, vehicles awaiting removal

ASP Lumor said police were looking for a towing truck to move the vehicles to the police regional headquarters, as the available towing truck was busy elsewhere.

He noted that the road had since been cleared for other road users.

The driver of the Metro Mass bus has been identified as William Aboagye.

 

Source: classfmonline.com